Friday 8 January 2010

Yes! I’m back again! It’s been too long since I put something on the web. My unexpected stay in hospital, some eleven days, knocked the stuffing out of me. Three or four weeks of enforced inactivity, afterwards, left a backlog of Rotary ‘duties’ and visits to be caught up on. Now I am almost restored to strength, it is ‘head down and get on with it’.
All the Rotary clubs in our district were fully occupied over the Christmas period and large sums of money were collected, to be used to provide support and aid to a wide variety of good causes. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard and to the great generosity of the public, who, despite the tightening of our belts because of the financial situation, gave freely and in many cases more than last year. If I learn of exactly how much was raised by our 41 clubs, I will let you know.
Now! Happy New Year to everyone. Are you keeping to those resolutions? A new year and a chance to renew the efforts. There is a lot planned for the coming months.
Watch this space. Sorry - no 'photo.

No comments: