Wednesday 12 May 2010

Can you live without the Internet?

Life without the Internet.

I would not have believed, a while ago, that I would one day say that I could not survive without the Internet! Life has proved me wrong. My Internet service went down and I lost contact with so many things that have become part of my everyday life.
Not only did I lose my email but could not control my bank accounts and credit cards on-line. My insurances and energy bills are all on-line services now. I could not top-up my Tamartag without going into the office.
Google Maps always provided my route plan when travelling to new places. How do I get that missing post-code when I cannot get onto the Royal Mail website?
Then there is the family tree research; the purchase of ink cartridges; checking the weather forecast and latest news.
I never realised just how much I used the Internet. Thankfully it has all been restored! There was a fault in the BT Exchange. But who found the fault and fixed it? My ISP.

No comments: